Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support makers building the future.
Our vision is to be the heartbeat of the tech ecosystem worldwide.
Product Hunt has helped millions of people discover and launch hundreds of thousands of products over the last eight years, from no-code apps to Web3 platforms and everything in between. Our community has been the launching block for products that have become unicorns and household names. We can't wait to see where the makers launching products today will go tomorrow! Social media plays a huge role in enabling us to surface interesting and relevant content to our global community. That’s where you come in!
You’re the ideal candidate for this role if you:
- Geek out on tech and product trends and pride yourself on being at the forefront of industry news
- Have a successful track record of managing and growing reach, engagement rates, and followers/subscribers across social platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, TikTok, and Linkedin.
- Have successfully implemented different social media strategies for other brands and are excited to craft our strategy and grow Product Hunt's reach by 3x by end of 2022.
- This role will report to the Head of Community and Content and work alongside our Content Lead, Events Lead, and Community Programs Manager. You will also manage a Social Media Manager, who will help to support and execute the social media day-to-day and overall strategy you craft.
- Product Hunt is a fully distributed team across 7 time zones. This full-time role is available for remote candidates from anywhere in the world, but you'll need to be available from 5am to 11am Pacific Time Monday-Friday (the rest of your hours can be worked flexibly at your convenience).
- Content creation. Makers launch on Product Hunt everyday. As the main owner of our official social media profiles with hundreds of thousands of followers, you'll need to love crafting intriguing tweets, posts, and social content. Managing multiple high-volume accounts will be an exciting challenge to you.
- Love for all things tech. New product launches, features, and startups are your bread and butter. We want to be one of the first in surfacing new products. If you find yourself spending hours on Twitter, following individuals and teams building incredible products, this role is for you.
- Attention to detail. Attentiveness to detail and organization is an absolute must. You should enjoy editing posts and fixing even the most minor grammatical errors.
- Research: Skills in learning social media trends, identifying new social media tools, and finding real-time online conversations are necessary for this position.
- Data-driven attitude. We’re constantly optimizing our content and running experiments based on past successes (and failures). Reading and presenting the data to help set your strategy and showcase results should be second nature to you. As the Head of Social, you will be expected to set, present, and execute monthly and quarterly KPIs for all social platforms, and be comfortable in managing a team.
- Entrepreneurial flare. You love to design and execute growth and engagement initiatives. From the moment inspiration strikes to analyzing the results, you feel confident running projects and experiments autonomously. You are able to put on your managerial hat, but also capable of rolling up your sleeves do what it takes to get the job done.
- Management. As the head of the social team, you will be managing our Social Media Manager and ensuring they are well resourced, happy, and helping them set targets to meet our department north stars.
- Have fun :)
If this list (without exceptions) gets you pumped, we want to hear from you.
- Fully remote position
- 5+ years of experience in running social media accounts at a tech company
- Excellent knowledge of Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Linkedin, Tiktok, and other social media platforms
- Deep understanding and ability to analyze social and web traffic metrics
Salary is dependent on location/cost of living and experience
How We Work
Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create an outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun :)
We’re a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity, and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Full health insurance coverage for you and your dependents if you live in the US and a generous stipend for outside the US
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Wellness Mondays. First Monday of the month is your time. Spend it however you want.
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed)