Our mission at Product Hunt is to surface great products every day and support our community of Makers in building the future. We obsess over delivering an amazing experience to all of our users and we are building a world class team of community builders to achieve that.
We’re seeking the first data analyst working with our Head of Data to help shape the future of what we build at Product Hunt. You’re excited about working on a community-driven product: sitting at the intersection of data and psychology, and seeing your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You are focused on results, and have demonstrated success in using analytics to drive the understanding, growth, and success of a product.
- Work closely with cross functional partners (eg. community, product, sales) to address gaps in our understanding of Product Hunt users and their behavior.
- Identify actionable insights through funnels, cohort analyses, user segmentation, retention analysis, and models to help us grow our community.
- Help in designing and evaluating A/B tests and product feature experiments to determine the effectiveness of product strategy.
- Curate and streamline reporting dashboards and ETLs for the wider company to glean insights
- Communicate results and business recommendations to diverse audiences.
- Provide recommendations for data improvement, quality, and efficiency of data.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics or another quantitative field.
- 2+ years of related experience in quantitative analysis, preferably with consumer products.
- Strong SQL and python programming skills.
- Experience working with databases (Redshift, Postgres, MySQL).
- Experience in applying statistical methods and applications (A/B testing, descriptive analyses, time series analysis, forecasting or multivariate regression).
- Experience using data access tools and building dashboards and analyses with large datasets and multiple data sources.
- Ability to communicate and discuss complex topics with technical and non-technical audiences.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed; demonstrated ability to innovate and bias toward action in fast-paced environments.
- Bonus points for experience working with distributed teams.
How We Work
- Every person adds to the culture of our team. We look for people that are:
- Curious – Product Hunt was founded with an experimental mindset, an important principle when building something new
- Authentic – People seek authenticity more than ever. It’s a value we hope to demonstrate inside and outside the company.
- Bold – Each person on the team should feel empowered to take measured risks to create outsized impact
- Empathetic – Launching a product is anxiety-inducing. It’s important each person on the team can empathize with makers and our community.
- Kittenish – We’re serious about our work, but that doesn’t mean we can’t have fun :)
We’re a distributed team across 9 countries including Bulgaria, Canada, France, India, Ireland, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom, and United States. It’s important to us to build an inclusive team – across gender, ethnicity and experiences – to best serve our global community.
Benefits / Perks
A few of the benefits we offer:
- Gym stipend – Your health is important to us, too
- Fluid work schedule – We don’t believe in face time, work when you’re most productive (outside the hours noted above)
- Generous vacation time – Hard work deserves time off, so please take it
- Live wherever – We don’t care if you WFH or work from Hawaii (our team is fully distributed) as long as you are in US time zones
Salary and equity is dependent on location/cost of living and experience